Hearing Loss & Your Health
Did you know that hearing loss has a direct effect on your overall health?
- Those with hearing loss experience a 30-40% greater decline in thinking abilities compared to those without hearing loss.
- Adults with hearing loss are more likely to develop problems thinking and remembering than adults with normal hearing.
- Adults with hearing loss are significantly more likely to develop dementia over time than those who retain their hearing. Adults with severe hearing loss are four times more likely to develop dementia.
- People with mild hearing loss (25 decibels) are three times more likely to have a history of falling. Every additional 10 decibels of hearing loss increases the chances of falling by 1.4 times the original risk.
- Untreated hearing loss can affect your ability to understand speech and can negatively impact your social and emotional well-being.
Schedule Your FREE Hearing Screening! Contact the location nearest you.